This is expected to be the final BETA build of the 10.0-RELEASE cycle.
Checksums for the installation images are available in the announcement email.
If you notice problems you can report them through the PR system or on the -current mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "stable/10" branch.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: Please be sure to follow the instructions in the following FreeBSD Errata Notices before upgrading the system to 10.0-BETA4:
Changes between -BETA3 and -BETA4 include:
- Add preliminary support for RTL8106E, RTL8168G, RTL8168GU, RTL8411B, and RTL8168EP.
- Enable fingerprint checking in pkg(8) for FreeBSD-provided binary packages.
- Remove the WITH_LIBICONV_COMPAT build option.
- Update nvi to 2.1.2.
- Various iconv(3) fixes.
- Fix mergemaster -U by forcing FreeBSD 9 compatiblity in mtree when mtree is nmtree.
- Fix to freebsd-update(8) in generating the list of old files/directories versus new files/directories (FreeBSD-EN-13:05.freebsd-update).
Pre-installed virtual machine images for 10.0-BETA4 are also available for amd64 and i386 architectures.