The fifth ALPHA build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures. ISO images and, for architectures that support it, memory stick images are available here.
Preinstalled virtual machine images are available for the amd64 and i386 architectures, located under the 'snapshots' directory here. The disk images are available in both QCOW2 and VMDK format. The image download size is approximagely 136 MB, which decompress to a 10GB sparse image.
The 10.0-ALPHA5 builds correlate to svn revision r256092 of the head/ branch.
The image checksums can be found in the announcement.
If you notice problems you can report them through the PR system or on the -current mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "head/" branch.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: freebsd-update(8) is not a supported upgrade path for the 10.0-ALPHA builds.
Changes between -ALPHA4 and -ALPHA5 include:
- Removal of BIND from the base system; replacements may be found within the Ports Collection.
- Bug fix introduced with the latest infiniband update.
- The GNU ar(1) and ranlib(1) have been removed from the base system.
- Bug fixes and updates to the base llvm.
- Various bhyve enhancements.
- Various XEN enhancements.