The second BETA build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here or at any of the FreeBSD mirror sites.
If you notice problems you can report them through the PR system or on the -current mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "stable/10" branch.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: be sure to follow the instructions in the EN-13:04.freebsd-update errata notice before upgrading the system to 10.0-BETA2.
Changes between -BETA1 and -BETA2 include:
- Fix AHCI ATAPI emulation when backed with /dev/cd0 in virtio.
- Improve XHCI stability.
- Fix 'make delete-old-libs' and 'make check-libs' to delete .debug files created by WITH_DEBUG_FILES.
- Upgrade to the latest version of mtree from NetBSD.
- Enable the automatic creation of a certificate for sendmail.
- Add support for "first boot" rc.d scripts.
- Fix jail_parallel_start="YES", ip.addr when interface parameter is not defined, and a bug which prevented jails from starting when $jail_conf was used and no jail name was specified.
- Disable the Xen userland event channel driver, which is not yet ready.
- Update T4 and T5 firmwares (cxgbe(4)).
If using the ZFS installation option and full-disk encryption is enabled, a few entries will need to be manually added to loader.conf(5) before the 'bootpool' zpool will be available after the system boots. This manual step is expected to be fixed in the next 10.0 release cycle build.
The entries that need to be added are:
This can be done at the final menu of bsdinstall(8), when prompted to boot into the newly-installed system; alternatively, this can be done post-install, in which case, the following must be run before appending loader.conf(5):
# zpool import -f bootpool