Due to build issues within the head/ branch, ALPHA3 ISO builds were skipped.
The image checksums are at the end of the announcement email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here and at any of the FreeBSD mirror sites.
If you notice problems, please report them through the PR system or on the -current mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "head/" branch.
Please be aware that cvsup and CVS are not supported methods of updating the src/ tree.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: freebsd-update(8) is not a supported upgrade path for the 10.0-ALPHA builds.
Changes between -ALPHA2 and -ALPHA3 include:
- Update OFED to Linux 3.7 and update Mellanox drivers.
- Add driver for the PAPR VSCSI virtual SCSI controller.
- Disable ISC BIND build by default, and enable LDNS/unbound.
- Correct a NULL pointer deference in nslookup and nsupdate.
- Update the CAM version to 18. This includes compatibility shims to the previous version.
- Introduce a kern.geom.notaste sysctl that can be used to temporarily disable GEOM tasting to avoid the "bouncing GEOM" problem where, when you shut down the consumer of a provider which can be viewed in multiple ways, GEOM will immediately taste that provider's alter ego and reattach the consumer.
- Update dialog to 1.2-20130923.
- Import a new libcxxrt.
- Remove the armv6eb architecture.
- Update OpenSSH to 6.3p1.
- Merge Xen PVHVM support into the GENERIC kernel config for both amd64 and i386.
- Substantial rewrite of bxe(4) to add support for the BCM57712 and BCM578XX controllers.
- Connect LLDB to the build (disabled by default).
- Update arcmsr(4) driver to 1.20.00.28.
- Implement epoll support in Linuxulator.
- Add vmx(4) to i386 and amd64 GENERIC.